Tuesday, January 26, 2016

"Last of the Dogmen" (1995)



"Beaches" may be one of my favorite movies BUT "Last of the Dogmen" is by far my favorite Barbara Hershey film!

After a group of convicts go missing in the woods a tracker is hired to find them and bring them back. He gets much more for what he bargained for when the men are killed by something mysterious. While researching what may have caused their disappearances he stumbles upon a group of Dogmen, the last of their tribe and with the help of a Native American History professor they attempt to save them from extinction.

I love the story, and I love the cast! Most of all this is by far my favorite character that Barbara has done. Sure, I've seen roles where she's amazing but this one really allows her to have a great stride as the sassy History Professor. She may be the "romantic lead" but she's also a strong character on her own! She's completely able to hold herself and steals every single scene she's in. I remember seeing this for the first time and by the end of it I was completely wanting to be like her character.

Sure, it has its flaws. There are some plot holes that after my millionth viewing I have begun to notice, but the film is just so enjoyable you kind of forget that they're there.

No comments:

Post a Comment