Wednesday, January 27, 2016

"The Pallbearer " (1996)



Wow did it take me a while for me to actually really get involved with this film. Actually, I cared about Barbara's character but that's because I was going into this film for her. I'm not really a fan of anyone else so when ever someone who wasn't her was on screen it was hard to really pay attention.

The story itself was one to really try to swallow. A mother of a recent suicide victim mistakes one of her son's high school classmates for being her son's best friend and asks him to be the pallbearer for his funeral. Instead of correcting her he agrees and soon a simple request turns into a complicated relationship. Meanwhile, he is also trying to get his high school crush to fall in love with him.

Really the parts I love the most of this film are any scenes that involve Barbara or Carol Kane, who plays the main character's mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment